PLEASE NOTE: We no longer sell SSD4 or any SSD4 expansions. The SSD4 expansions will only be available for those who currently own them in their Slate User account.
NOTE: Unlike SSD 5.5 and its expansions which use the Slate Audio Center, SSD4 and its expansions use a selection of installation files for installation. The files for each expansion will be on its respective product page in https://my.stevenslateaudio.com.
SSD4 Expansion Pack Installation
Please log in to https://my.stevenslateaudio.com with your email and the password for your Slate User Account. Then click on the product page for the SSD4 expansion you would like to download.
You will need to download your License File at the top of the page by clicking where it says "DOWNLOAD LICENSE FILE". You are granted two License downloads with the purchase of each expansion.
Next follow instructions below:
1. Download the following files from your Slate User Account: -
• Blackbird Library Part 1
• Blackbird Library Part 2
• Blackbird Presets
2. Unpack rar’s using WinRar/7zip (Windows) or Unarchiver (Mac OSX); selecting the first part, which will extract subsequent part 2.
Download Unarchiver (Mac OSX)
Download WinRAR (Windows)
NOTE FOR MAC USERS: Unrarx will not work with most newer OS's, so please use Unarchiver.
3. Place extracted files/folders thus…
• “Blackbird.lib” in your /SSD4Library/DrumLibraryData folder.
• “Blackbird Presets.lib” in your /SSD4Library/DrumKitPresets folder.
• “ssd_blackbird_****_****.slc” license file in your /SSD4Library folder.
4. Launch your DAW and insert SSD Sampler on a stereo instrument track.
5. Open SSD Sampler’s Settings page, click the Select License file button and choose your “ssd_blackbird_****_****.slc” license file in your /SSD4Library folder.
6. Once set, go to the Construct Kit page, select "Inst." and click the “Refresh” (circular arrow) button to refresh the browser. Do the same for the "Kits" tab.